I heard this a lot when I was pregnant with my son. Yes, I wanted to use cloth diapers. No, I wasn't crazy! And, as it turns out, using cloth is REALLY easy!
There were good reasons why I chose cloth (to save money, it's better for the environment), but really - it just felt like the right thing to do.
There are many different, wonderful cloth diapering options out there. And, of all the parents I've talked to, no two families do things in quite the same way. What works for one mama (or papa, or baby) may not work for another.
So, how do you figure out YOUR system?
With so many people out there selling diapers and offering up tons of great advice, it's hard to decide which method is the "right" one. In, fact, there is almost TOO much information available. It can be pretty overwhelming!
That's why I created this website. I want to try and make this whole business of using cloth dipes a little more simple, a little more easy, and a lot more fun!
Throughout this website, you will find information on:
- The benefits of using cloth vs. disposable diapers (so you know what to say to all the people in your life that question this choice!).
- Different brands and styles, including reviews from other moms. Where to find free diapers.
- How to get started - how many, what kind, how to use, etc.
- Washing and caring for your diapers.
- Fixing common problems and mistakes... diaper rash, leaks, smells (because we are talking about baby diapers, after all).
- Diaper Lingo... AIO? pocket, doubler.. what does it all mean?
- Accessories - from cloth wipes to diaper pails to cute ways to carry those dirty dipes around.
- Where to buy cloth diapers and where to find diaper sales.
- Interviews with real Cloth Mamas. Hear how they do things and their advice for people just starting out.
- Perhaps you are interested in making your own diapers? We have tutorials and tips for making your own diapers.
So, whether you are just getting started or looking to expand your cloth diaper knowledge, I invite you to have a look around.